- A number of parties in state aid complaints against Finnish municipal enterprises
- A Finnish listed company against the European Commission in the first-ever state aid litigation involving Finnish parties. The dispute concerned whether the State of Finland violated the EC Treaty by granting unlawful state aid to our client. The Court of First Instance of the European Communities (“CFI”) ruled in favour of our client and annulled the Commission’s decision on alleged state aid. The Commission decided not to appeal against the CFI’s judgement.
- A public company against the State of Finland in state aid recovery proceedings before the Finnish Administrative Courts. This is the first case where the European Commission’s negative state aid decision has led to national recovery proceedings being initiated in Finland against the recipient undertaking of the alleged unlawful aid.
- The complainants in the first state aid complaint to the European Commission against a Finnish municipal enterprise. According to the Commission’s preliminary view, the benefits granted to the municipal enterprise constitute state aid.
- A Finnish public fund in state aid and competition law aspects of its major business development program.
- A major transportation company in an abuse of dominant market position and state aid case related to subventions allegedly received by a competitor.