Business Practices and Marketing
- A multinational shoe manufacturer in Market Court proceedings protecting its products. The Market Court ruled in favour of our client, finding the third party manufacturer’s marketing activities misleading and granting an injunction.
- A Finnish bank in Market Court proceedings concerning certain marketing measures taken by a competitor which our client considered contrary to fair business practices. The Market Court approved our application, finding the measures inappropriate and prohibiting the competitor from continuing them.
- A Finnish company in Market Court proceedings initiated by a competitor, who accused our client of untrue allegations and unfair business practices. The Market Court ruled in favour of our client, finding the competitor’s allegations unsubstantiated.
- A Finnish telecommunications company in several Market Court proceedings concerning comparative advertising by a competitor which our client considered contrary to fair business practices. The Market Court approved our applications, finding the measures inappropriate and prohibiting the competitor from continuing them.
- A Finnish company in a damages litigation regarding the application of the Unfair Business Practices Act in a case where the defendant – a major retail chain – had copied a retail trade system for its own use. The dispute was successfully settled out of court.
- A manufacturer of popular and well known consumer commodities in Market Court proceedings concerning marketing and selling of identical copy products by two competitors in Finland. The cases are pending.
- Software and hardware manufacturers in several cases in the Consumer Dispute Board and the Consumer Office. The authorities have approved our replies and clarifications and the consumer complaints have been dismissed.
- Several companies concerning their becoming marketing campaigns and promotions, including sweepstakes, competitions and lotteries. These preliminary examinations have helped our customers to avoid interference by the Finnish consumer authorities.